Wednesday, September 29

.x Rent

Good Morning Beautiful World :)
I'm in my 'starbeam' mood right now. I feel like everything in my life is going amazingly well. I feel like a thousand pound weight hasbeen lifted off my shoulders, I feel like the people that loves me most, understand me the best right now, and I feel euphoric. I dont like to make the same mistake twice, so in my quest to not repeat the past, I often find myself reliving the past (mentally). Today, I feel like the past is what it is and no matter if I repeat the same mistake, I will learn something from both times :)

So, I'm re-reading the EJD Gideon series (READ IT!) for my creative writing prose class [every writer at PV should take this class, its amazing!] and I'm really learning alot about making characters more interesting. I feel like my characters always have extreme emotions, happii or angrii, love or hate, never in between. So, my assignment today, make a character float between emotions seamlessly :)

***
To say I'm not a morning person is to make an extreme understatement. I set my alarm forty-five minutes early so I cn wake up in nine, five minute intervals. Its madness I know. But once I'm up, I'm up for good. I look over beside me at the snoring lump of etched chocolate manly perfection I call my man and I feel the way I did nine years ago when we were new. Its hard to regain that new feeling somtimes. Its not intentional, but we get set in our ways, routines, and overall schedule. Its bound to happen.

"Get up handsome, it's time to live your dream." Over nine years, you can pretty much understand a person. Understanding their moods and tendacies and thoughts is one thing, but understanding them and why they are who they are, is a completly different can of worms. I understand that Julius likes to be awaken with kind words and kisses, rather than a rough shake and a cold shoulder.

"I didnt think you'd be talking to me after last night." My feet moved softly through the air beside our bed. I looked at them swinging back and forth and picked a piece of lint of my pink and green polka dot socks.

"Why? That was last night, this is this morning." He leaned across his side of the bed and parked his elbows where my back once was.He trailed his fingers up the length of my back and through my maze of locked natural hair.

"I love you Teagan Marleigh Carlton." I looked at his eyes and watched the blades from the ceiling fan chop light into them in a rhythmic pattern.

"I love you too Julius Langham Carlton." As his chocolate hand patted my caramel skin I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, today was a new day.

**

"Ms. Carlton." I looked up from my desk and saw the lanky frame of Hooper Flint walking in his usual monotonous pace.
"Mrs. Carlton. How are you Mr. Flint?" Always on the edge of my desk, even though I have four chairs surrounding the cherry oak wood construct.
"I cant complain, do you mind if I call you Teagan." My tongue flashed across my lips and returned to feeling up the back of my front teeth. I brought my bottom lip in to nibble on the corner of it while I watched him.

I cant lie. Ever since I applied to work at

0 Commentaires:

Post a Comment